This week was a workshop about youth participation and social media at the 1st Mediterranean University on Youth and Global Citizenship in Hammamet, Tunisia. One result are 8 principles of successful youth e-particiation.
1) Results needs to be implemented at the end.
2) Use advantages of the Internet like links, visualizations or animations.
3) Transparent process.
4) Possibility to participate anonymously.
5) Aim for the highest level of participation possible.
6) Clear and simple process for easy comprehension.
7) Neutral moderation to ensure netiquette.
8) Use and react on feedback.
What would you add or change? Do you have experience with youth e-participation?